Update - August 9, 2018
- Facebook authorization should now work for alls users. Pages can once again be selected in posts created with our Compose box.
- Instagram business profiles are enabled again and should be working for all users.
Update - July 12, 2018
- Facebook Page streams have been restored in the web dashboard!
- Hootsuite users can once again use Facebook's Page Search to add a stream that displays all public posts from a specific Facebook Page.
- Resharing from Instagram hashtag and location search streams has been restored in the web dashboard and mobile apps!
Click Reshare below a post, and the post’s image and caption along with photo credit (@username) to the original poster will be populated in the compose box for you to edit, send or schedule for later.
Update - May 3, 2018
To keep users’ information safe and secure, Facebook is changing the way all partners like Movyl access data. We are in full support of these changes because we believe they are critical to maintaining trust between our customers and their customers. Some of these changes have impacted or will impact our dashboard functionality.
As of April 4th, changes to the Facebook and Instagram APIs have impacted our platform in the following ways:
- Facebook streams will no longer display identifiable user information such as username and profile picture.
- Events streams for Facebook profiles are no longer available.
- Managing Page events, i.e. creating, editing, and deleting events, will no longer be supported.
- Viewing other people's comments on your Facebook profile posts will no longer be supported.
- Facebook profiles will need to be re-authenticated every 90 days. There is no change to Facebook Pages.
- Liking Instagram posts or comments, or viewing likes, will no longer be supported.
- Following or unfollowing Instagram users will no longer be supported.
- Searching Instagram users when @mentioning in posts will no longer be supported.
- Commenting on Instagram posts will no longer be supported, except Instagram Business profiles who can continue commenting on their own posts.
- Instagram user search streams will be deprecated.
- Identifiable Instagram user information such as usernames and profile pictures will no longer be displayed in hashtag/location searches, comments in Analytics, and mentions in Insights.
- Instagram user profile information including bio, followers, following and recently posted media will no longer be available.
As a strategic partner we will continue to work with Facebook to ensure a great outcome for our customers and will provide updates as we have them.